Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct novel organic and polymer chemistries to support and build the company’s proprietary polymer platform.
- Develop scaleable synthetic processes that could eventually lead to commercialization.
- Characterize, problem solve and interpret analytical data obtained from instrumentation such as HPLC, GC, MALDI, and NMR.
- Maintain chemistry laboratory and inventories in accordance with good laboratory procedures.
- Communicate with management on research findings and propose suggestions for next steps.
- Maintains a current knowledge of latest technology and scientific trends.
Minimum Qualification Requirements
- A minimum of a Ph.D. in Organic or Polymer Chemistry from an accredited University.
- A minimum of 2 years of post-doctoral experience in academia or industry. Experience in a GMP environment is a plus.
- Must have proven track record of scientific accomplishments either in the form of publications or patents.
- Knowledge of use of PC software such as Microsoft Excel and Word; and ChemDraw is strongly desired.
- Advanced analytical knowledge by having used instruments like the NMR, GC and HPLC.
- Must have excellent communication skills (written and oral) and the ability to participate in a team environment. Experience in writing scientific documents is important.
- Physical Requirements: Performance of tasks essential to the job function may require the employee to work directly with, handle, or otherwise come into contact with chemicals or pharmaceutical agents. Employees must be able to wear respiratory protection (filtering face piece, face, full-face or powered air purifying respirator, supplied air or self contained breathing apparatus) for certain tasks essential to the job function.
- Travel: Some amount of travel to manufacturing sites is expected.